Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Snider leaves triple-A game with wrist injury - Sportsnet.ca

Travis Snider's hot start to his 2012 season with the triple-A Las Vegas 51s has hit a bump in the road.

How big of a bump remains to be seen.

The 24-year-old outfielder jammed his wright wrist diving for a ball during the third inning Thursday's 6-4 loss to Tacoma. He exited the game early, and according to Sportsnet's Mike Wilner, he will be reevaluated on Friday.

After failing to beat out Eric Thames this spring for the starting left field job in Toronto, Snider has tore up Pacific Coast League pitching in April.

Through 19 games (75 at-bats), the former first-round pick (2006, 14th overall) has posted a line of .400/.477/.693/1.170 with four home runs, 23 RBIs, 11 walks and 11 strikeouts.

Earlier this week, Snider told the Canadian Press he was doing his best to stay patient as he waits for a return to the big-leagues.

"My ultimate goal is to be an everyday player in the major leagues," he said. "Sitting here and thinking I should be there, isn't going to get me there. Doing what I got to do and working hard and continuing to refine parts of my game is really the focus that I have."

Snider added that if that opportunity doesn't come with Toronto, so be it.

"It's no secret that guys get traded and things happen," he said. "If the day comes where I end up somewhere else, I'll be ready for that step. But at this point in time I'm happy here with the organization. I love the coaching staff at all the levels. I grew up with this organization."

No comments:

Post a Comment